Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Deal

What is the most important deal that anyone can ever take?

Two weeks ago, I had a long conversation with my mother, who we have always called, "Mom".  We discussed many things, but mostly, I talked to her about finally taking The Deal.  I had talked to her about taking The Deal before, but this time I was bolder than I had been in the past.  I had a sense, that it was time to lay all of the cards on the table, because my mother was finally ready to take The Deal.  Everything that had happened in the last year, was preparation for this moment.

About a year ago, Mom had a debilitating stroke.  After that, she would get better for a while, but then she would end up back in the hospital with another issue.  Over the last year, she had several strokes, kidney failure on her one remaining kidney, a devastating stomach virus, issues from her congenial heart failure, and a number of lung infections.  It has been a very rough year.

Mom had put me in charge of her legal, medical, and financial affairs, when the first stroke occurred.  My brother who lived near her, helped her out frequently in many other ways.  My younger brother also did what he could do, and was moving back to the USA from Germany, so he could move her in, so she could live with him, when she was able.  Still the burden of making the difficult decisions, was on my shoulders.

Over the course of this last year, my mother had several periods, where it seemed like, she was going into total dementia, but she recovered each time.  The worst case, when I thought that I might have her declared legally incompetent, turned out to be caused by the narcotic patch, that she had for pain.  Once I had that patch removed, her mind cleared up rather quickly, but not completely back to her pre-stroke state.

So I had to negotiate these episodes, in order to do what I could, to carry out her original instructions over the next year.  However, when I felt the Spirit of Truth (Ruach HaQodesh aka The Holy Spirit aka The Holy Ghost) prompting me to call her on that Sabbath (Saturday) two weeks ago, her mind was sharper than it had been at any time in the last year.  It had not been this sharp, since long before the first stroke had occurred.  It looked like, she was moving towards recovery, at least to the point that my brother could take her in, when he finished moving back from Germany.  Still I had a sense of urgency, that now was the time, to close The Deal with her.

So, we talked about many things.  After a while, she told me, that she was tired of fighting all of this sickness, and wanted me to stop asking the Father of Truth (YHVH aka God aka THE LORD), to keep her on this Earth.  She knew, that I has hindering her from dying, in the same way, that my praying grandmothers had hindered me, from carrying out all of the evil desires of the monster within, before I came into the House of Truth.

So I starting laying all of the cards on the table.  I thanked Mom for telling me about the Father of Truth, taking me to church, and reading the Book of Truth (The Bible) to me, when I was young.  I let her know, that I knew, that she had suffered persecution from my father, for taking us to church, because he wanted us to go fishing with him on Sundays.  I thank her, for making sure, that I knew to come back home to the Father of Truth, after I went into a terrible dark place, after Grandpa (her dad) had died, when I was sixteen.  Then I went on to explain to her, that even though she had faithfully went to church each week, that it was not enough to save her.

Mom was also very supportive of my efforts in writing this blog.  She was among the first to join my Facebook page, and did everything that she could to show support.  She read some of my posts, even though she did not understand all of them.  She was proud of them, like a mother displaying the scribbled art of her child in kindergarten on her fridge.

I explained to her, that none of these things were going to save her.  I explained to her, that even reading the Book of Truth every day, was not enough to save her.  I told her, that she had to take The Deal, that the Father of Truth offers, to be saved.

So I began explaining The Deal, that the Father of Truth offers, to her.  I explained, that the Man of Truth said, that those who love him, obey him (John 14:21).

I explained, it was like how I have never smoked, drank alcohol, taken drugs, or gambled, because I had promised this to Grandpa, when I was young.  I explained, that I did not obey Grandpa out of fear, but rather out of love.  I reminded her, that Grandpa had no power to do anything to me, if I broke that promise.  I told her, that only my love for Grandpa, was strong enough to cause me to obey Grandpa.

I told her, that it was the same way with the Man of Truth (Yeshua HaMashiach aka Jesus Christ). I made it clear, that our obedience to the Man of Truth, is the proof of our love for him.  I then pointed out, that she had not been obedient to the Man of Truth.  She admitted, that this was true.

I told her, that she could not be in the kingdom of the Man of Truth, unless she first made the Man of Truth, her king.  I told her that there was no salvation without repentance, and there was no repentance without total surrender to the Man of Truth.  I told her, that it was not enough, just to believe that the Man of Truth rose from the dead, but she had to make a commitment to be obedient to the Man of Truth.  I told her, that those who make this commitment, are the ones who will be saved.  I told her that this is The Deal, that the Father of Truth offers, and that she needed to take The Deal.

I also promised her, if she took The Deal, then I would know, that she would be safe, and I would quit hindering her from dying.  She told me, that she would think about it, and the call ended.

I tried to go see her on Sunday, but I was hindered from so doing so, because of what I needed to do to take care of my daughter in the hospital.  In fact, I was so worn out from dealing with everything, that I ended up, not even being able to call Mom on that day.  So I went to bed very late at night, intending to call her, as soon as I could the next morning, to see if she had finally taken The Deal.

Then on Monday morning, I was awakened from my sleep, and told that Mom had another stroke.  Over the next three days, I was told conflicting reports by the people who visited her, and the nurses that attended her.  Her doctor told me, that I had to make a decision, about whether to put her under great distress, by taking heroic measures, in the hopes that we might extend her life for a little while longer, or to put her in hospice, where she would be given comfort medications, until she died peacefully.

During those three days, I sought after the Father of Truth for wisdom, because what I would decide, was based on what she had decided.  I needed to know, whether or not, Mom had taken The Deal.

I had hoped, that a total stranger would come up to me, and tell me something like, "The Lord told me to tell you such-and-such about your mother".  This kind of thing has happened to me several times before, but it did not happen this time.

Then on Wednesday night, I got a call from the hospital, saying that Mom would not going to live more than another 24 hours.  So, I took unscheduled PTO, and made the three hour drive to visit her.

When I got there, Mom was trying to remove her oxygen masks from her face.  She looked very frightened and confused.  I asked the nurse, if Mom was confused from the morphine, but the nurse told me, that Mom did not have any medication like that left in her system.  Her reaction was from general disorientation and discomfort.

However, when I held the hand of Mom, her looks of confusion and fear, slowly melted into peace.  I began to pray for her, quietly producing the sound of power, but this time things were different.

In the past, the Spirit of Truth would witness to me, that my prayers in tongues, were for her to recover, because she was not ready to leave this Earth.  This time however, there was no sense, that I was engaged in a struggle with the forces of darkness, to keep her on this Earth.  Instead, the Spirit of Truth was witnessing to my spirit, that Mom was safe, because she had taken The Deal.  The Spirit of Truth was witnessing to my spirit, that she was a Child of Truth, in the same way, that the Spirit of Truth witnesses to my spirit, that I am a Child of Truth (Romans 8:16).

When the doctor arrived, he explained to me what her conditions was, and what my options were.

She was paralyzed on the right side of her body, including her face.  She was on 100% oxygen through a machine that forced her to breath, and this was the last step that could be taken to help with her breathing, considering what was in the living will that she had written.  She might have a good chance of recovering from the stroke, if it were not for her other health issues.  If she did recover, it would be a long and painful process, but it was unlikely that she would ever recover.

One option, was to go ahead and put her on hospice.  He told me, that they would give her comfort medications that would put her to sleep, and then they would remove the mask.  Since she was on 100% oxygen, then she would die within minutes, after they removed the mask.

The second option, was to transfer Mom to a long-term care facility, where they could continue to take heroic efforts, to bring her into recovery.  However he did not think, that Mom would live until my brother arrived on his vacation, in two months, in any case.

Basically, the doctor was telling me, that the only way that Mom was going to make a full recovery, was if the Father of Truth performed a miracle.  Fortunately, I knew the Man of Truth, who did miracles.  He had stood between death and my daughter on three separate occasions, when medical science said, that she could not live.

Finally, he told me, that I could have a few days to discuss the options with the rest of the family, before deciding.

I had promised Mom, that I would stop hindering her from dying, by praying for her to remain on this Earth, if she took The Deal.  So I discussed it with her, even though, the medical personnel had told me, that she could not understand me.  I was counting on the Spirit of Truth to communicate to her spirit, what her body might not be able to process.

I reminded her, that dying was no big deal, for those who took The Deal.  I reminded her, that for the Children of Truth, dying is like waking up from a dream, but this life is the dream.  I reminded her, that the moment she takes her last breath, would be the moment she becomes alive.  I reminded her, that the moment that she leaves her body, would be the moment that she would be with the Man of Truth (2 Corinthians 5:8).

As I talked to her, she did twice, what I had understood to be impossible for her to do, due to the paralysis of the right side of her face.  She smiled at me.  Once again, I was given evidence, that Mom had taken The Deal.

Still, even though Mom had taken The Deal, and I knew that she would be better off dead, it still did not seem like, it was quite time for her to leave this Earth.  For one thing, I wanted my brother in Germany to be able to say good bye to her, if at all possible.  So I told her, that I was going to try to get my brother over from Germany, if she was willing to stay on this Earth for a few more days.  When I left to go home, she was sleeping peacefully for the first time in several days.

I called my brother in Germany, and updated him about the situation.  He did not want her to suffer needlessly, but still he looked into, what it would take to get him over to the USA, to tell her goodbye.

By Friday night, it became clear that it would be an extreme hardship on my brother and his family, for him to come over to the USA, to say good bye to Mom.  Shortly after we decided, that he could not come over, we got a call saying, that the CO (carbon monoxide) levels in the blood stream of Mom, had risen to 36%, and she had fallen into an unresponsive state.

Her CO levels continued to rise, so that when I returned to the hospital on Sunday, she was completely unresponsive to everything.  Her heart was beating about 20 beats a minute, and her blood oxygen levels were very low.  My brother, who lived nearby, was there as well this time.  I called my brother in Germany, and someone held the phone to her ear, while he told her good-bye.  My daughter who had been in the hospital, also told her good-bye over the phone.  After everyone at the hospital had told her good-bye, then her blood oxygen levels dropped to zero.  So I gave the nurse permission, to take off the mask, when she asked.  I had no fears for Mom, because I knew that she had taken The Deal.

Mom soon drifted peacefully out of this world, and went to be home with the Man of Truth.

After this, another Child of Truth that I know, told me, that the Spirit of Truth had told them, that Mom was home with the Man of Truth.  I now had a third witness, that Mom had taken The Deal.

During the last six days, I have tried to be sad about Mom dying, but it has just been so hard to overcome the joy that I feel, now that I know, Mom took The Deal.  How can I be sad, when I know that Mom will never have another bad day, ever?  How can I be sad, when I know that my best days with Mom, are in front of me, and not behind me?

People have told me, that they are sorry for my loss, but all I can see is my gain.  Mom was part of my temporary family that I had with my brothers, but now she is part of my forever family that I have with the Man of Truth.  The closest I have come to crying, was when I spoke about Mom taking The Deal, at her funeral. Even then, those would have been tears of joy.

This joy that I have, the world did not give it, and the world cannot take it away.

This joy is not meant for me alone.  I am not anyone special, and by no means am I deserving of this joy.  I could not have this joy, if I had not first taken The Deal, that brought me into the House of Truth.

The Spirit of Truth comes to live in anyone, who takes The Deal (Romans 8:9).  This joy comes from the Spirit of Truth (Galatians 5:22). 

Anyone comes into the House of Truth, by taking The Deal that the Father of Truth offers, can experience this joy.  Even the thief that died with the Man of Truth, only got into the kingdom of the Man of Truth, because he took The Deal, by making the Man of Truth his king (Luke 23:42-43).  The Deal that Father of Truth offers, so people can come into the House of Truth, is this:  If you will commit to obeying the Man of Truth in everything, because you believe, that He raised the Man of Truth from the dead, then you will be saved (Romans 10:9).

Come into the House of Truth!





Labels: , ,